1. Creating a Food & Friends Volunteer Account
Then, create a new account by selecting the “Register” button on the right side of the screen.
- Create a username and password
- When prompted for a join code enter: CBA
- Verify the name of the group that you have been associated with is Congressional Black Associates
- Fill In Contact Information.
- Verify the information and click next.
Keys to a Successful Service Day
- Upon Arrival: Each member of your organization should announce that they are volunteering as a part of the Congressional Black Associates. If a volunteer arrives late, they will first need to check in with a volunteer coordinator before joining their organization.
- Illness: Anyone who is not feeling well should stay home and take care of themselves. Our clients have extremely fragile immune systems and are highly susceptible to illnesses such as colds and the flu.
- Valuables: Please do not bring valuables to the facility. Lockers are available, but we do not provide locks and cannot be responsible for your personal items.
- Special Needs: Please let us know if any members of your organization have special needs.
- Age Requirement: We require all food prep volunteers to be ages 14 or older. We have no age requirement for passengers volunteering on delivery.
- Attire (to ensure food safety): Closed-toe shoes (no sandals or flip flops), Shirts with sleeves that cover the armpit completely (no tank tops, sleeveless shirts, or capped sleeves), Plain bands are acceptable (no jeweled rings, no earrings of any kind, no watches or bracelets, and no necklaces)
Getting to Food & Friends
- Directions: Can be found on our website HERE!
- Parking: There is a free parking lot at our facility for your convenience.
- Bus/ Metro: Food & Friends is located in close proximity to the Fort Totten Metro Station on the Red, Yellow, and Green Lines. We provide free shuttle service to and from Food & Friends.
- Shuttle Service: Upon arrival at Fort Totten, please call the shuttle phone at (202) 669-6437 for our shuttle service to Food & Friends. Please DO NOT walk to the facility. All Food & Friends shuttle bus passengers must wear seat belts while being transported to and from the Metro. Standing is not allowed while the shuttle bus is in motion. Please be advised that large groups may require more than one trip.